- Joan Geiger Wood Joins Focus Fundraising March 25, 2019
- Ready to Reach Your Major Gift Goals? January 31, 2019
- Are You Ignoring Your Mid-Level Donor? July 17, 2018
- Ready to Call a Funding Prospect? January 17, 2018
- Strengthen Your Fundraising Program March 9, 2017
- Reluctant Board Fundraisers February 7, 2017
- Making the Case: What’s the Problem? November 3, 2016
- Four Ways to Get Board Giving Right, From the Start October 5, 2016
Joan Geiger Wood Joins Focus Fundraising
March 25, 2019
Joan Geiger Wood, CFRE has joined Focus Fundraising as Vice President. Joan brings extensive development experience to her role, having raised more than $110 million for nonprofits during her 30+ year career.
At Focus she will lead consulting engagements with global and national organizations, including the United Nations Population Fund (in partnership with the Gates Foundation), National Women's Law Center, and Public Justice, among others. She will also continue expanding the Pivot assessment program while speaking at national conferences on topics such as the power of data to drive development strategy and opportunities for growth in mid-level giving.
"We're in a time of significant opportunities for nonprofit fundraising," said Wood. "As a consultant since 2012, I've seen firsthand how an outside development perspective can impact organizations, help realign fundraising, and transform outcomes. I'm looking forward to joining forces with the Focus Fundraising team to continue and expand my consulting role."
Joan will be based near Albuquerque, New Mexico. In addition to her consulting working with clients, Joan will be building Focus's presence on the west coast.
Established in 2009, Focus Fundraising guides nonprofits towards greater sustainability and growth by partnering with clients to expand support and strengthen relationships with donors. We specialize in development assessments and planning, providing campaign counsel, and fundraising coaching and training.
To contact Joan Wood, please email email@example.com.